HealthPRO/Heritage is seeking a PRN OTR for Harris Healthcare East in East Providence, RI. Consistent hours available. The need is mostly M/W, with additional days as needed. Experience required.
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
The Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats residents in accordance with orders of the physician through the use of therapeutic procedures and assistive devices intended to maximize functional potentials in all areas of a resident's life. The Occupational Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of Occupational Therapy.
• Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet, especially for prolonged periods of time
• Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the force – push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
• Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher position, or moving an object laterally, from position to position-Required to lift up to 50 lbs of force independently. May be required to lift over 50 lbs with assistance of another person or a mechanical lift
• Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist, hips and knees, sometimes for a prolonged length of time.
• Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction away from the body
• Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving surfaces