HealthPRO-Heritage is seeking a Per Diem Physical Therapist (PT) with weekday availability to work at their wonderful resort-style Senior Living facilities in Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Rancho Palos Verdes, CA!
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats residents, under orders from a physician, through the use of a variety of therapeutic procedures designed to restore loss of muscle strength, coordination and body alignment, to relieve pain and to improve movement and function. The Physical Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of Physical Therapy.
1. Review available resident information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
2. Conduct and document a thorough functional assessment of the resident, utilizing standardized procedures. Assessment of home/vocational and equipment needs.
3. Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on resident needs and containing achievable functional goals.
4. Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines and consistently maintain timely and accurate department records.
5. Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and provide close supervision while such staff members are working with residents.
6. Enter a progress note in the resident record following each treatment session.
7. Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment process. Physical Therapist
8. Document the course of treatment in a clear concise discharge summary utilizing a prescribed format.
9. Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk during any procedures.
10. Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident's use of functional abilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
1. Bachelor/Masters of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
2. Current license in the state of practice.
3. Prefer supervision, training and/or experience in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility.
4. Certification, if applicable, and demonstrated competency in identified areas of specialization.
5. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated competency in applying the principles, methods, materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
7. Ability to assess resident needs and develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care.
8. Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
Software Powered by iCIMS