HealthPro-Heritage is currently seeking a PRN Physical Therapist (PT) to support our beautiful SNF in Amhurst, VA. If you or someone you know might be interested in this position, let's talk!
1. Review available resident information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
2. Conduct and document a thorough functional assessment of the resident, utilizing standardized procedures. Assessment of home/vocational and equipment needs.
3. Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on resident needs and containing achievable functional goals.
4. Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines and consistently maintain timely and accurate department records.
5. Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and provide close supervision while such staff members are working with residents.
6. Enter a progress note in the resident record following each treatment session.
7. Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment process. Physical Therapist
8. Document the course of treatment in a clear concise discharge summary utilizing a prescribed format.
9. Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk during any procedures.
10. Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident's use of functional abilities.
1. Bachelor/Masters of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
2. Current license in the state of practice.
3. Prefer supervision, training and/or experience in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility.
4. Certification, if applicable, and demonstrated competency in identified areas of specialization.
5. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated competency in applying the principles, methods, materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
7. Ability to assess resident needs and develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care.
8. Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.