Healthpro is adding an OT to our team of Home Health clinicians in Laplace/Gramercy, LA.
-Full or Part Time positions available
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
1. Review available resident information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
2. Conduct and document a thorough functional assessment of the resident, utilizing standardized procedures. Assessment of home/vocational and equipment needs.
3. Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on resident needs and containing achievable functional goals.
4. Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines and consistently maintain timely and accurate departmental records.
5. Enter a progress note in the resident record following each treatment session.
6. Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment process.
7. Document the course of treatment in a clear, concise discharge summary utilizing a prescribed format.
8. Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and provide close supervision while such staff members are working with residents.
9. Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk during any procedure.
10. Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident's use of functional abilities.
11. Establish and instruct resident and family/other caregiver in exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following discharge.
12. Assist in the referral process when a resident requires additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
13. Attend and participate or provide information for rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress, problem or needs.
14. Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings, as required.
15. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
16. Participate in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical record audits, resident/referral source satisfaction surveys, safety activities and regulatory requirements.
17. Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcare’s regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
18. Provide input to the Rehabilitation Manager on clinical performance of assistants as requested and appropriate.
19. Promote the programs and services of Heritage Healthcare through formal and informal interactions with the community.
20. Adhere to company and facility policies and procedures and participate in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
21. Perform other duties as assigned and required to provide quality care to residents.
22. Understands reimbursement by various payers and allocates therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and outcomes related to discharge destination.
23. Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local Coverage Determination Policy and third party reimbursement guidelines.
24. Support the company’s commitment to Compassionate Care; project a professional image to foster confidence in the Rehab Program.
25. Perform duties in an independent manner and recognizes situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping
26. Maintain the expected productivity level that has been discussed and is expected for your position at your particular facility/facilities
1. Bachelor/Masters of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. Current license/certification in the state of practice.