Teaching Assistants - School Based position
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for Special Education to help make a difference in a child’s life!
We value our Special Education Professionals and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child’s life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled Special Education staff. We hire individuals who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in Special Education that will change children's lives for the better.
The primary purpose of the Special Education Therapy Aide is to assist in the delivery of Speech Therapy to students in an educational environment and additional administrative tasks as requested.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Director of Recruitment – Peds/School Division
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive as all duties are subject to change. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers, patients, co-workers and associated policies. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort has been made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable accommodation will be made upon notification for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform the job in the manner indicated.
• Assists in the direct supervision of children in the assigned program as directed by the teacher or administrator
• Demonstrates understanding of students’ disabilities
• Loads/unloads wheelchair bound students, if needed
• Demonstrates flexibility in schedule and activities throughout the day
• Demonstrates cooperation, openness for growth and willingness to contribute in a team approach
• Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of his/her work with special education children and other staff
• Participates in all meetings, training programs, and in-service sessions as assigned by the building or district administrator
• Performs such other duties as may be directed by the Principal and Teacher
*Minimum requirements for education - High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred
*Prefer someone with interest in pursing a therapy or educational career
*Basic computer and web based programs experience, such as Google meets, chat, etc.
*Need to possess good written and verbal skills
*Personable individual who enjoys working with Teachers, Parents, and Students from Kindergarten to 12th grade
*Will be working alongside Classroom Teachers