HealthPRO/Heritage is seeking a part-time COTA for Port Healthcare Center in Newburyport, MA.
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (C.O.T.A.) is a skilled technical worker who performs direct resident care activities under the clinical supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
1. Provide occupational therapy treatments to residents according to treatment plans developed by the Occupational Therapist.
2. Assist the Occupational Therapist when performing tests, evaluations, and complex treatment procedures.
3. Observe, record and report to the therapist the conditions, reactions and responses related to assigned duties.
4. Maintain daily records of treatments and document progress notes on residents as directed by the therapist.
5. Assist with admission screening.
6. Assist the therapist in consulting with family members, physicians and other health care professionals, as appropriate.
7. Assist with the care of the occupational therapy department and equipment.
8. Assist the Occupational Therapist with in-service programs and other meetings as assigned by the Occupational Therapist.
9. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
10. Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcare’s regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
11. Attend and participate in, or provide information for rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress, problems or needs.
12. Adhere to company and facility policies and procedures and participate in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
13. Perform other duties, as assigned.
14. Understand reimbursement by various payers and allocates therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and outcomes related to discharge destination.
15. Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local Coverage Determination, and third party reimbursement guidelines.
16. Support the company’s commitment to Compassionate Care; projects a professional image to foster confidence in the rehab. Program.
17. Perform duties in an independent manner and recognizes situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping others.
18. Maintain the expected productivity level that has been discussed and is expected for your position at your particular facility/facilities.
1. Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
2. Current license or eligible for license under statutes in the state of practice.
3. Prefer experience in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to understand and follow the directions of the Occupational Therapist and the policies and procedures of the facility.
6. Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at times, for prolonged periods:
• Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet, especially for prolonged periods of time
• Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the force – push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
• Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher position, or moving an object laterally, from position to position-Required to lift up to 50 lbs of force independently. May be required to lift over 50 lbs with assistance of another person or a mechanical lift
• Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist, hips and knees, sometimes for a prolonged length of time. -Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction away from the body
• Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving surfaces