School Psychologist, Pediatric School Based position
Join our Pediatric School Based Team and use your passion to help make a difference in a child’s life! School Psychologist available to begin ASAP!
At HealthPRO Pediatrics we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
• Consult with teachers, parents, administrators, and community mental health providers about learning, social, and behavior problems;
• Engage in school-wide mental health activities;
• Assist educators in implementing safe, healthy classroom and school environments;
• Teach parenting skills, problem-solving strategies, substance abuse, and other topics pertinent to healthy schools;
• Conduct research about effective instruction, behavior management, alternative school programs, and mental health interventions;
• Assess and evaluate the wide variety of school-related problems and assets of children and youth in assigned schools;
I look forward to speaking with you very soon!
Looking forward to speaking with you!
224-616-5439 | Direct Line
224-616-5439 | Text
• Serve as a member of interdisciplinary teams to address needs of at-risk students and to serve the needs of students with disabilities through the special education assessment, eligibility, and placement process;
• Communicate results of psychological evaluations to parents, teachers, and others so that they can understand the nature of the students difficulties and how to better serve the students needs;
• Intervene directly with students and families through individual counseling, support groups, and skills training;
• Engage in crisis prevention and intervention services;
• Work with a wide range of student emotional and academic issues;
• May serve one or multiple schools in a school district or work for a community mental health center and/or in a university setting
• School Psychologist certification from an accredited program.
• Expected to have a thorough knowledge of Federal and State School Psychologist regulations
• 1 year of supervised experience in the past 3 years
• Eligible for valid certification from the State Education Professional Standards Board as a School Psychologist
• School district experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to provide psychological counseling for children and families