The primary purpose of the position is the management and administration of all aspects of rehabilitation services for a set group of facilities. The RD-C assures that all appropriate resources as available to meet the needs of the patients including personnel, space, equipment and regulatory and certification requirements while providing support to the Regional Vice President. The locations you will be responsible for are senior living contracts in various locations in Pennsylvania. Must have management experience in senior living - AL/IL and outpatient and live in the region.
Must be physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech-language pathologist, physical therapist assistant,or certified occupational therapy assistant.
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive as all duties are subject to change. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers, patients, co-workers and associated policies. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort has been made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable accommodation will be made upon notification, for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform the job in the manner indicated.
• Supports the RVP in assuring all patient needs are met, treatment services are well documented, outcomes are achieved and the practices operate efficiently.
• Assists in the recruitment and retention of rehab service personnel.
• Promotes positive employee relations by facilitating an atmosphere of open communication and problem solving.
• Monitors and assists with personnel compliance standards including required credentials, corrective actions and improvement plans when needed.
• Investigates, follows up and assists in the resolution of staff, service and patient-related issues as requested.
• Assists with development strategies to increase facility’s therapy program/revenue in both Part A and Part B caseloads.
• Responsible to assist with all aspects of operations of rehabilitation services at the facility level.
• Works with finance personnel and ensures billing accuracy.
• Generates special reports/data as needed to assist the RVP in assessing the efficiency and cost effectiveness of services provided.
• Actively participates in the audit process including but not limited to ADR, MMR, and denied claims as well as quarterly and yearly audits.
• Interacts on a professional level with key facility leadership and addresses customer concerns in a timely manner.
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently and overnight stays as necessary to service/visit facility within a multi-state geography as defined by region or division.
• Identifies program development needs of the individual communities and implements appropriate programs as needed.
• Knowledge of therapy software and ability to utilize software to train staff, run appropriate reports to monitor therapy programs.
• Participates in marketing activities with existing customers, attends meeting with customer leadership teams.
• Assists in identifying growth opportunities within therapy, the facility as well as market area.
• Works with recruitment department to facilitate appropriate staffing levels, adequate PRN pool as well as providing staffing coverage as needed.
• Assures compliance and integrity in all aspects of region.
• Provides leadership and assistance to manage clinical therapy staff, facilitating a team atmosphere among staff.
• Ensures that clinical staff is providing proper documentation according to Medicare guidelines, company policy and facility standards.
• Represents the ethical standards of the company, identifying and reporting instances of poor patient care and communicating concerns to supervisors as needed.
• Willingness to work with severely physically, emotionally and cognitively compromised patients.
• Willingness to work in environments with risk of personal injury, exposure to infections, waste materials, infectious diseases, and odors.
• Must be able to cope with the emotional stress associated with working with patients, families, and co-workers.
• Must be able to work independently with periodic (daily or less) support and directions.
• Basic knowledge of computers, typing abilities and willingness to utilize computers on a daily basis.
• Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and individual therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using pre-determined criteria.
• Maintains a current knowledge of law and regulations regarding rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that all employment actions are in compliance with applicable regulations.
• Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
• Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries and equipment to Supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
• Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
• Adheres to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and dress code.
• Contributes to a positive work team by sharing information, using problem-solving methods, accepting new ideas, constructive feedback and advice from others.
• Demonstrates superior customer service through professionalism, courtesy, consistent and timely follow-up, and positive communication.
• Adheres to all policies of company, including job descriptions, certifications requirements, mission
statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards and patient rights.
• Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in carrying out assignments.
• Communicates and interacts professionally and respectfully with others in attending to and meeting
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: