School Nurse- RN, Pediatric School Based Services
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for nursing to help make a difference in a child’s life!
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled nurses and educators. We hire Nurses who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in nursing that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented nurse that wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the School Nurse position is health and wellness assessments of pediatric students in a school setting, with the goal of helping them reach their maximum performance potential within an educational model of practice.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Caroline Morrison Jacumin
Director of Recruitment – Peds/School Division
828-615-1737 | Direct Line
School Nurse Performance Expectations
• Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school health program.
• Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
• Initiates program changes as needed.
• Manages program allotment efficiently.
• Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and health department.
• Collaborates with other child-support agencies in designing and providing a school health program.
• Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the school health program.
• Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
• Maintains security of school health supplies.
• Serves as a resource person on health issues.
• Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers.
• Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
• Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
• Recommends corrective action where problems are identified.
• Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Licensed Nurse Practitioner, Completion of training necessary for licensing as a registered nurse and experience in pediatrics and/or public health nursing preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS NASN and National Certification: NASN supports the delivery of safe and effective care in nursing practice through voluntary certification by examination for all school nurses. NASN works in collaboration with the National Board for Certification of School Nurses (NBCSN), and communication between the two organizations is a priority. Certification represents a national standard of preparation, knowledge, and practice. To assist with this recognition, the NBCSN provides the opportunity for school nurses to set the standards for their specialty area through voluntary professional certification. NBCSN has trademarked 'NCSN' as the official credential of the National Certified School Nurse. All candidates successfully completing the national examination are eligible to use this credential. To learn more about NBCSN and the national school nurse certification exam, visit NBCSN's web site at www.nbcsn.org.