Certified School Nurse - CSN or HSN, Pediatric School Based Position
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for Nursing to help make a difference in a child’s life!
- Certified School Nurse position available to begin August 2018!
- Chicagoland, IL
- Full Time / 7 Hours daily / 35 hours weekly
- At this time, NO LPN candidates will be considered
- Covering 3 Schools
- Preferred experience includes: 1-5 years of school nurse experience in an urban setting.
- CSN must have a Current Type 73 State of IL School Service Personnel Certificate with endorsement in School Nursing Required
- Registered IL Nurse License Required
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution required
- Interview process includes a telephone interview and on-site interview to include a sample lesson.
We value our nurses and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child’s life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more!
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled nurses and educators. We hire Nurses who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in nursing that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented nurse that wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the School Nurse position is health and wellness assessments of pediatric students in a school setting, with the goal of helping them reach their maximum performance potential within an educational model of practice.
- Nursing license in the state of residence/state of placement.
- Must hold a current license to practice in the state of
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
- Consult and collaborate with School staff and families in regards to students’ health and wellness.
- Participate in the IEP process in developing present levels of performance, goals and objectives, and treatment recommendations for students qualifying for nursing services
- Provide nursing services through the use of current best practices based on prescribed services in the IEP
- Maintain all documentation required by the district and ASHA’s code of ethics including, but not limited to, daily notes, monthly summaries, and annual IEP’s
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Kerri Ann Kerley, Recruitment – Pediatric Division, School Team