Special Education Teacher - STRATEGIST I and II
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for Special Education to help make a difference in a child’s life!
We value our Special Education Teachers and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child’s life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled Special Education Teachers. We hire Special Education Teachers who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in Special Education that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented teacher who wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
Special education teachers typically do the following:
• Assess students skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
• Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students
• Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student
• Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each students abilities
• Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one
• Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
• Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals
• Discuss students’ progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators
• Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities
• Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
Special education teachers in public schools are required to have at least a bachelor’s degree and a state-issued certification or license Most states require a degree specifically in special education.
All states require teachers in public schools to be licensed.
Most states require teachers to pass a background check. Teachers may be required to complete annual professional development classes or a masters degree to maintain their license.
Many states offer general licenses in special education that allow teachers to work with students with a variety of disabilities.