Bilingual School Psychologist, Pediatric School Based Position
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for Psychology to help make a difference in a child’s life!
We value our School Psychologists and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child’s life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled school psychologists and educators. We hire School Psychologists who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in psychology that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented School Psychologist that wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the School Psychologist position is:
• Consult with teachers, parents, administrators, and community mental health providers about learning, social, and behavior problems;
• Engage in school-wide mental health activities;
• Assist educators in implementing safe, healthy classroom and school environments;
• Teach parenting skills, problem-solving strategies, substance abuse, and other topics pertinent to healthy schools;
• Conduct research about effective instruction, behavior management, alternative school programs, and mental health interventions;
• Assess and evaluate the wide variety of school-related problems and assets of children and youth in assigned schools;
• Serve as a member of interdisciplinary teams to address needs of at-risk students and to serve the needs of students with disabilities through the special education assessment, eligibility, and placement process;
• Communicate results of psychological evaluations to parents, teachers, and others so that they can understand the nature of the students difficulties and how to better serve the students needs;
• Intervene directly with students and families through individual counseling, support groups, and skills training;
• Engage in crisis prevention and intervention services;
• Work with a wide range of student emotional and academic issues;
• May serve one or multiple schools in a school district or work for a community mental health center and/or in a university setting
• School Psychologist certification from an accredited program.
• Expected to have a thorough knowledge of Federal and State School Psychologist regulations.
• 1 year of supervised experience in the past 3 years
• Eligible for valid certification from the State Education Professional Standards Board as a School Psychologist.
• School district experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to provide psychological counseling for children and families